Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Angels and Geekery

I'm working on the Ordinary Angels series production bible, and I'm learning more about angelic lore than I ever thought I would.  More than I knew existed.  There's some cool stuff in the various apocryphal books of contemporary biblical-era lore.  For instance, bet a lot of my readers didn't know that King Solomon was given a mystical ring that gave him the power to bind and control fallen angels, and he used them as slave labor to build his great temple.  That's some straight-up D&D action right there.

That's right.  The Temple of Solomon, built by demon slave labor.

Who knew??

Speaking of D&D, this ran across my Facebook filter today.  I find it funny because I'm a gamer who loves football, but finds fantasy football somehow geekier than RPGs.


© 2010 Jason "Danger" Block | All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

HipMama said...

I love this! My husband and I are avid D&D players, and my husband is also inexplicably obsessed with fantasy football.

In Christ,
Anne Marie

Ps. I responded to your comment on my blog and I wanted to apologize for the misunderstanding. I hope we can move forward from here as I am truly enjoying your blog!

TD said...

Thanks for the note, Anne Marie. To be honest, I didn't think you were one of the instigators in the recent tempest-in-a-teapot that was Baby Joshua's death. I just wanted to correct some factual errors and point out to your readers that we must always treat rumors with a healthy amount of skepticism. No harm, no foul. :)

Be well,
TD