Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Once More...

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
Let pry through the portage of the head
Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it

- Wm. Shakespeare, Henry V

My grandmother went to the hospital again last night. Same recurring problem. My mom texted me this morning, saying that they were giving her another unit of blood.

My phenomenal Tuesday came crashing down around dinner time. TFMD was shellshocked from a miserable workday, and we'd planned our pizza movie night for that evening, since we won't be around on Friday. So I had pizza delivered and waiting when she got home. And since she'd never seen Ghostbusters, we put that in. And I didn't follow my instinct to pull away from the "grrr" radiating from my fiancee's head. I just sat there and let her relax over the course of the movie, finally cuddling up. It's a new way of doing things for me, but I'm willing to adapt.

She was able to rebound pretty well, until we ran into evening complications with the kids, who are on spring break this week and feeling all sorts of entitled. So once that was all sorted out, we sort of cuddled angrily (angry not with each other, but with how the day had run its course) and drifted off to sleep. Awoke with some pretty bad jaw pain - although the mouth guard might keep my teeth from grinding at night, it doesn't stop the jaw muscles from tensing up.

TFMD called from work this morning to see if I wanted to drive up to Bellingham to see my grandmother. Weather is crappy, but I'm really considering it now. We'll see what happens this morning when my mom gets to the hospital.

[EDIT: This is SO not an April Fool's joke, just in case anyone was suspicious.]

2 comments:

Ann said...

We're so sorry to hear your Grandma is having more troubles. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Ann & Doug

Stacy said...

Awww. Hugs for you and G-Ma.