Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Howdy, Stranger.

While I'm not back from vacation in the hot & humid hills of West By God Virginia, the music video for Kirby Krackle's single "On And On" just went live on the interwebs yesterday and I wanted to share it.  This is the project we were breaking our asses to get done before this last weekend so we could have a vacation with a clear conscience.  For those of you who aren't Wolverine or X-Men fans, the song is about the character Logan (aka Wolverine), who is one of the most overworked comic book characters ever.  It deals with the exhaustion and monotony of being a nearly immortal character whose sole existence is either preparing for or recovering from a fight.



It was shot over four days (two weekends) using two Canon DSLRs (a T2i and a 7D) and an awesome cast and crew of professionals working on tiny stipends and coffee.  I'm really proud of my cast and crew, even prouder of my producing partner Dan Heinrich, and extremely grateful to Kirby Krackle for the opportunity to do this project.  I'd been joking with JD Green for ten years that I wanted to do a Wolverine fan film once he was age-appropriate (because as much as we all love Hugh Jackman, he's sure not an authentic physical representation of the character, whereas JD exudes Logan-ness from his every pore).

Anyway, we finally did it, and it's a piece we're proud of.  Feel free to re-post and forward to your comic book geek friends.

I'll be back in a few days with more regular posts.  For now, I'm enjoying the slow pace of a hillbilly vacation.  Where's my banjo??

1 comment:

Lucy Leadskin said...

Woo-hoo! Just saw on YouTube. Great job!