Monday, August 24, 2009

That Was Fast

Honestly, where did the weekend go?

I think a combination of factors made the time fly particularly fast. Kayleigh's last weekend of The Music Man run, prepping for an open house (and then the actual open house), prepping for Kayleigh's Oregon trip, loads more wedding stuff accomplished (shopping, cake, etc.), blah blah blah.

I don't think I've mentioned District 9 yet. Kayleigh and I went with Steve & JD for the former's birthday a week ago, and I will freely admit that it was just borderline-too-intense for K. Now, she'd wanted to see it, she totally followed the story and characters, and only hid her eyes a couple times during some pretty intense sequences. Although there were a few parental second thoughts here and there, I was not sorry she got the message of the film, which is totally analogous to how displaced ethnic populations are treated by governments and/or corporations. And afterward, she grinned, proclaiming, "that was the best action movie ever."

Not one for hyperbole, that girl.

There's been some movement on the home sale since the open house. I don't want to jinx anything, but I had a nice, warm "calm" wash over me after I spoke to our agent yesterday. More as it happens.

No comments: