Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Thank You, Craig.

So, one year ago today, this adorable brunette showed up on my doorstep to audition for And Tears Fell. She sang a few songs, left me some demos and headed back to work.

Life would never be the same.

It's been one heck of a year. Full of ups and downs (but mostly ups). And Monica Guzman of the online Seattle P.I. has put everything into perspective. And you know I'm all about the perspective.

Happy "Click Day" to TFMD.

As she says, we had a terrific evening with dinner and a wonderful show at the Paramount. And Monica's article was a really nice present to find online this morning. I'd just come home from taking Kayleigh to the doctor for a persistent cough she'd been having (just your everyday spring virus), and I was away from the office most of yesterday, so I am just now catching up with everything.

Some highlights from last weekend:

The rockstar birthday party for Raechelle was a hit (as was the signature drink I invented for the occasion - The Stage Dive: equal parts coconut run & Rock Star energy drink, served over ice with a wedge of lime). Much loud singing and thrashing was done.

Much of Sunday was spent with my high school buddy Colin and his son Sean, who were in Seattle for an audition. After I dropped them at the hotel, I assembled Rae's new bookshelf, which she is using to stack her sweaters in, next to her dresser. After half an hour sitting cross-legged on the floor with prefab wood product and hardware, I only realized when I tried to get up that my knee had actually dislocated. Like fully slipped out of joint. It was the most terrible knee pain I've ever experienced; even worse than in eighth grade, when I grew twelve inches in one year and had to miss a lot of PE due to my Osgood Schlatter condition. After writhing onto the bed, unable to move my left leg without severe agony, I slipped my right foot under it and extended my right leg underneath my left. The knee slipped back into joint with the loudest POP I've ever heard come out of my body (and I've done years of chiropractic). And suddenly I could walk again.

And yesterday, as I mentioned, was spent driving around doing errands. Which was a lot of fun for my knee (clutch and all).

So, yeah. Crazy year. Crazy year indeed. And if I hadn't placed the audition ad on Craigslist, things may have turned out very differently. I'm glad I did.

Thank you, Craig.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Craigslist Rocks! I met Doug via Craigslist and it's one of the best things to ever happen in my life :) Cheers to Craig!