Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lost Talent and Chemo For a Friend

Just wanted to mention the loss of a talented actress, Natasha Richardson, 45, who died yesterday due to complications from head trauma sustained in a skiing accident. She leaves fellow actor and husband of 15 years, Liam Neeson, and their two teenagers. I've always respected Neeson's work as an actor, but now I see him standing where I once stood, and I just want to offer every blessing I can muster.

Although she is known for far greater performances, I will always remember Natasha Richardson in her feature film debut as Mary Shelley in Ken Russell's 1986 psychotic mess, Gothic. She was the best thing about that film, and I took notice of her performances from then on. We'll all miss her, but none so much as Liam and the boys. Fair winds, Natasha.

The second thing I wanted to mention is that my old pal Dave is going in for his first round of chemo today. Again, this seems awfully familiar. Sending lots of love and healing juju.

Between that and the icky bowels from eating at Cactus last night (that's "eating at Cactus", not "eating a cactus"), it's a low-energy, blue sort of day.

Peace out.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

I am so sorry for her loss too. I can't imagine what the family is going through, though obviously you have a great insight to what they are dealing with. I always take notice of stories like this because I did have to imagine what my family would do if they lost me. It's such a sad thought. My prayers are with this family...and your friend who is beginning chemo.