Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Hump Day Bullets

  • I need to cut back on the morning coffee. Sure, it gets me out of bed and moving, but it also makes me jumpy and just a tad irritable. And when you're already irritable a lot of the time (see Successfully Parenting Teenagers While Maintaining Your Sanity (fiction), page 478*), more irritable ain't exactly a Good Thing (TM).
  • * The above-mentioned book does not, to my knowledge, exist. But if it did, I'd buy it.
  • Finally got a call from Tyler's old school psychiatrist, and the IEP is rolling. The psych evaluation is next week.
  • Got the family photo printed for the Xmas card list.
  • Xmas is actually a legitimate abbreviation stemming from the Greek Orthodox "Χριστος" ("Christos").
  • December's calendar is already packed a-plenty, and I'm trying to reserve time for the girl and/or just me. But that in turn fills the calendar even more.
  • Psyched to be working on Dan & Jessie's Fred Hutch PSA project. We shoot in January when Raechelle is gone in WV.
  • I'm looking at flights to WV so that I can meet Rae's family and help unpack for a few days.
  • Airfare is expensive, even with plummeting oil prices.
  • I've scheduled holiday themed films for the next two Pizza-Movie Fridays.
  • I wrote another two scenes for the OA series pilot yesterday, and have been an errand-running admin dynamo today.
  • Now I'm gonna go back to the family room sofa and ice my back again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're an interesting guy, Todd. Let me know how it goes with the screenwriting.

TD said...

Howdy!

I've checked out your blog - I love the fact that you're giving back to the artistic community with your mentorship.

I'd love to swap links if you do that sort of thing. :)

TD

Les said...

Actually, there IS a book entitled "Now I Know Why Tigers Eat Their Young" upon raising teenagers.

All I can say is, having survived 3 so far, that sanity is possibly disposable when raising them. You need the ability to hallucinate, vividly, so you can continue imagining a future when they will be productive citizens and you will not find yourself (for instance) saying things such as "If I have to stop doing MY work to help you do YOUR work, guess who will inherit my unpaid student loans after I die?"