Friday, September 19, 2008

What Gives?

Another 4AM wake-up. What's up with that? Weird energy going on. Could be the seasonal change. I hope that's all it is.

I'm going in today for my first physical in about five years. More than a little nervous about that, as it now will include a prostate exam. Joy. There are other aspects I'm nervous about, but nothing terribly serious. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Ooh, don't forget! It's Talk Like a Pirate Day! Avast, me hearties!

There are some albums which are well suited to a certain season. Case in point, David Sylvian - Secrets of the Beehive, his amazing 1987 release with piano and string arrangements by Ryuichi Sakamoto. It is very much an "autumn" piece of music, full of melancholy chord progressions and poetic lyrics with a darker edge. Hauntingly beautiful.

The opening track is just over a minute long, but still sends a happy vibe to my brainpan when I hear it - not because of the lyrical content, but because it means autumn to me.

No comments: