Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Doctor Ain't In

Last night was a first. I had a friend drop by to vent, and for the first time in forever, I found myself unable to really offer any comfort or guidance. As a male, my first imperative is to fix the problem (and I'm damn good at fixing problems). But I couldn't. All I could do was listen. And maybe that was all my friend needed, to externally process, like me.

But it still feels like I failed him somehow. I know that's not the case. The good news is that I was able to offer at least some small amount of validation, and that seemed to be accepted gladly. But it didn't get to the root of the issue.

Probably still feeling the raw-ness of having dusted off the "skeletons" and put them away last weekend. You don't just wake up the next day suddenly no longer vulnerable. That, and Tyler had a bad day yesterday which immediately sapped me of all energy and put me in a foul mood.

Hopefully today will run a bit more smoothly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In no way, shape or form did you fail me. The root of the issue is for me to fix and you helped clear away some of the undergrowth so I can get at it. It was incredibly helpful, so do not sell youself short. And I have my marching orders, so things cannot be all bad. Thanks.