Wow, two posts and it's not even 6:AM yet! My widda friend Ali in Australia has just honored me with the Arte y pico blog award. My instructions on receiving this award are as follows:
1. Pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog.
3. Each award winner (upon acceptance) should show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award.
4. Link to the Arte y pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award. If you can read Spanish go and enjoy an interesting read; from a very quick check it appears to be a craft based blog.
5. Show these rules.
So here goes:
- I can't NOT tip my hat to (My New) Life Out Here. Girlfriend or not, Raechelle's blog is fun, entertaining, often educational and occasionally heartbreaking. It's a great read, always.
- Acid Indignation. Brutally honest on issues of health and family with some silliness for dessert. Beth blogs like nobody is watching, and that often yields the most rewarding insights.
- Konradical. Yet another high school friend, recently married. It's a mix of his private life and some very public work as a documentary filmmaker covering post-911 racism in America.
- Cheek and Bluster. Still another high school friend, now professional actor in LA. Derek casts a wide net, from arts and entertainment to politics (which, given the circus-like atmosphere of the primaries, might seem to indicate a smaller net than I originally thought).
- It's Beach. I've known David Beach for 30 years. He's an artist, an Internet guru, a visionary. His blog covers a lot of ground, from tech to media to family to his local interests.