Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tattoo Time

Since it's been a few years since I actually got the ink, and because Heather brought it up, I thought I'd share again.

I got a winged heart design on my right calf. It's not fancy with a lot of detail, because it was taken from a drawing Samantha made in my 1985 yearbook. She dedicated a whole page to me (and wrote some pretty lovely things - all of which were destroyed with the yearbook in the fire), signing it at the bottom with her icon: the heart taking flight. It's an icon I will always associate with her, and it seemed a good candidate for a tattoo to mark the end of that life.

The original artwork from my high school yearbook...


The finished ink (taken at an awkward angle by my crappy phone cam).

2 comments:

Lucy Leadskin said...

Tattoos are *always* the most beautiful when enriched with deeply personal meaning. :D

H~ said...

Awwwww... that's absolutely lovely. And, I agree that personal meaning only adds to the depth and beauty of the tattoo.