Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Beginning.

I'd like to welcome my readers from Rhymes With Drowning over to this new chronicle. It's really just a continuation in terms of keeping track of what's happening in my life, but the whole concept is just a bit different. It's focused on what's happening in my new life, as opposed to what was keeping me anchored to the old one.

Yesterday we packed into the Sportage and headed north to Bellingham. We gathered at my sister's home and had a nice visit (including a game of croquet - how very Edwardian garden party of us). Caleb showed up and hung out with the family. It was good to see him, and it'll be good to have him back in Seattle at the end of this month.







(with seester)








(with Caleb)








(with mom - and my new birthday shirt)

Kayleigh stayed in Bellingham overnight and Tyler went back to Gavin's house for some hobby time, and so I found myself sans children for the evening. Called Raechelle (who was already shoe shopping in Westwood), and took her out to dinner at the Celtic Swell. The drizzly day had turned bright and clear so we wandered along the waterfront and watched the sunset. Well, we watched part of it. She'd brought Hedwig and the Angry Inch and was excited to show it to me.

Loved it. Loved it in almost the same way I love The Wall. Great music, more than a little disturbing, and brilliantly shot and edited - with gritty little animation sequences that reminded me of the stuff we were watching and doing at Mission College.

And of course I couldn't have wished for a better viewing partner. She was geeking out and pointing out things and telling me little behind-the-scenes nuggets. I think I'm dating a closet film geek, and it's kinda hot.

Anyway, that's the first post in Life 2.0. Pedestrian? Maybe. But headed in the right direction.

5 comments:

~TigereyeSal~ said...

Go Todd, go! Grab the brass ring and go!

Sally

Lucy Leadskin said...

Lolz! Raechelle is a rokkin' babe - I can't believe you've never seen Hedwig! Thank you, Raechelle, for sharing the love! :D

Gonna go put on some makeup, turn on the 8-track, take the wig down from the shelf.

TD said...

You know, Andrea, I'm sure Raechelle appreciates both the gratitude and the knowledge that she is "a rokkin' babe".

And thus, the circus commences! :-)

Anonymous said...

Wait...seriously. How can you have gotten this far without seeing Hedwig? Even I've seen it and I don't see jack shit. Like many, many times I've seen this. Do not understand. No comprende. Who the hell are you anyway?


---
(did I mention how fucking proud of you I am for this whole new blog? I am, you know. Doesn't matter worth a damn. Just thought I'd say it. :) )

TD said...

It could have been that we were incredibly busy running a business and raising a couple of kids in 2001. For whatever reason, it slipped under the radar. Moot point now, of course! :-)

Thanks for the love & support you guys.